Monday, December 12, 2011

Candy cane sugar scrub {smooth, no greasy residue}


So after scouring lots of blogs and pinterest, I came up with my recipe for the perfect candy cane sugar scrub { cheap , no greasy residue, smooth, smells yummy }. It is as easy as this:

1 cup granulated sugar { could do brown sugar too }
1/4 cup crushed candy canes
1/4 cup extra virgin oil
1/8 cup body wash soap of choice { I used soft soap mineral extracts body wash, you could use 1/4 cup depending on how creamy you would love your scrub}
1/4 cup honey
8-10 drops of peppermint essential oil.

Mix sugar and candy cane {candy cane can be crushed in food processor or blender, needs to be same consistency as sugar}. If using brown sugar, mix till pours smoothly. Add your soap and oil , mix. Then the honey and your peppermint essential oil. Mix well and store in a decorated jar of choice. Keep away from children...smells so good my 4 year old almost ate it up!

I have used this 2 weeks in a row, it is awesome, leaves my skin soft. Used it on my face as well, so refreshing and tingling. I love the fact that I have some soap in there to take care of the germs. Store for 2-3 weeks. If gifting, it is nice to list the ingredients in case of allergies.

Give it a try and let me know what you think.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank-you for sharing your creativity!
I made a batch today for gifts with a few variations. I omitted the honey, increased the sugar to 2 cups, decreased the soap to 1/16th of a cup and added peppermint extract. I had my husband test it for me and he thought it did well. I'll try my hand at a mocha-mint scrub next.

~KayinCA~

Adwoa said...

I am glad you got to try it out. I will be trying it this year with your modifications. Merry christmas!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...